Find Local Basement Waterproofing Companies Yoder WY
Yoder Basement Waterproofing Companies - Serving Yoder and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (855) 993-1110
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (855) 993-1110
Waterproofing the foundation of your Yoder Wyoming home is the best way to prevent water from entering the basement. Basement waterproofing is divided into two major areas, interior basement waterproofing and exterior basement waterproofing. In this article we will discuss about exterior basement waterproofing.
Exterior basement waterproofing involves adopting a number of waterproofing procedures on the exterior of the home to stop water from entering the basement wall. Usually it is done during the construction of a new home, but older homes can be waterproofed by digging up the foundation.
Here are some ways to help you fight water from entering your basement:
- Seal the Foundation Walls Sealing the foundation of your home with good waterproofing material is the best way to prevent water seepage. The coating of these materials usually fades over time, therefore it is important to make sure that you regularly inspect the exterior walls to see if they are in need of replacement. Buy the best sealer available in the market and take the services of a professional to apply the coating.
- Repair Cracks If you want a dry basement, it is important not to leave any of the cracks open. Some cracks which are visible on the inside of the basement often continue through the foundation to show on the outside as well. For a long-lasting effect, these cracks should be filled at both ends. You can inject the cracks with epoxy to fix them. All the cracks and inconsistencies in the foundation wall needs to be fixed before waterproofing the area.
- Install External Drainage System Another way to waterproof your Yoder WY 82244 basement externally is to dig the soil next to basement walls and install drainage pipes along the wall. This will help in directing the water away from the walls. This solution works best for the exterior walls which are below ground level.
- Parging This process involves applying a thin layer of mortar over concrete. This helps in keeping the foundation walls smooth and helps fill voids, gaps and holes, thereby creating a more solid and stable surface.
- Correct Ground Slopes Correcting the ground slopes which surround the walls will reduce the chances of water pooling. The ground should slope at a distance of 5 feet from the exterior basement walls.
The above mentioned solutions protect your foundation from moisture and prevent water from getting through the basement walls. Selecting the right exterior basement waterproofing solution near Yoder WY 82244 is very important to keep the foundation of your home healthy and strong.